By Chef Brendan Schiering
- 5 oz watermelon juice (bottled or freshly squeezed- if preparing without a juicer, opt for pulverizing in Vitamix blender and pouring liquid through a fine mesh strainer)
- 5 mint leaves
- ¾ oz Limoncello
- 1 ½ oz white rum
- 1 oz soda
- 1 1/2 cups Scotsman Nugget Ice, divided
- 1 lemon twist
- 1 mint sprig
- 3 1”x1” cubes compressed watermelon (recipe below)
- 1 skewer
Chef Brendan's Instructions
Add mint leaves to cocktail shaker, muddle mint leaves until they appear slightly bruised. Add 1 cup of ice, watermelon juice, Limoncello, & white rum. Shake until mixture is fully blended. Add ½ cup ice into a glass. Strain shaken mixture into glass. Top glass with soda. Garnish with skewered watermelon, mint sprig, and lemon twist.
- watermelon, 1”x1” dice, 3
- 5 oz water
- 8 oz raw sugar
- 3 oz lemon juice
Combine water and sugar in saucepan. Heat over medium heat until sugar is fully dissolved. Remove pan from heat and allow syrup to cool at room temperature. Once cooled, add lemon juice and thoroughly mix. Set aside.
Place watermelon cubes into a shallow 1/6-sized hotel pan. Pour lemon simple syrup mixture over the watermelon, coating the entire surface area of the cubes. Place pan in Sirman vacuum machine. Run a cycle at 95% vacuum for 20 seconds.
**Without vacuum sealer** Follow steps for simple syrup above. Pour simply syrup over watermelon cubes and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Check out what's near you
* Please note that each of our territories has a specialized list of lines represented. Explore each territories manufacturers below.